Monday, July 5, 2010

Wow this place is so amazing!!! The work we're doing is really hard, especially because it's extremely hot and humid all the time, and all of the clothes I brought already smell awful... but basically what we do in a day is feed the elephants pineapple plants, clean their enclosures, wash them, water them, and make toys and food treats for them to play with. Yesterday I went in the lake with one of the elephants and I got to be on top of it scrubbing it's back... despite the pooey lake smell I had on me for the rest of the day, it was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

They are such beautiful animals, and it's really sad how badly they are treated all around the world, but it's wonderful to see them living happily and being treated well at the center. I'll write more later, a bunch of people are waiting for computers but I just bought my ticket to the south so I'll be scuba diving and stuff once I'm finished volunteering - wahoo! Also my camera isn't working so no pictures but I have some disposables that will have to wait until I return. Miss everyone and happy birthday miss Hannah Meade! Hope you don't have too awful of a hangover :)

2 comments:

  1. you sound like you're having a great time! it's pretty boring here.. I think I might go to SB this weekend and it won't be the same without you :/ I got my stitches out today and they told me that I still need to wait for too much pressure on it, so no push-ups for me :/ I'll just wait for you to get back before working out :]. I miss you and I hope you keep having an awesome time :] I'm jealous of the scuba diving you will be doing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds mighty amazing and I hope you continue to experience great things. I went home this weekend and it was weird not to see your beautiful face. It was however fantastic to celebrate the 4th of july with the fam. I miss you tons & keep posting about your trip!!

    ReplyDelete