Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wahoo I am having so much fun here on the island! After I posted last I did my dive review in the pool so that I would be okay getting in the ocean and not running out of air or anything scary like that... At night we went to dinner at this great Thai place on the beach and watched the sunset sitting on little cushions around the table, and we went to bed early since we were so tired from the travel here, and I woke up to leave at 6 the next morning for my first dive! It was awesome, the visibility wasn't great since it's starting to be monsoon season over here, but the coral reef here is beautiful and I LOVE the anenomes. We saw a little yellow box fish and almost got charged by a trigger fish... I was diving with a really cool dive master named Kate, and a really nice couple from Holland, everyone I meet here is so great!

After I got back I had the rest of the day to hang out since Claire and Julia are getting their certifications, so I went into the little town and did some shopping... for some reason there are about a thousand shirts in every store with Heidi Klum topless and flipping off the camera on them, so if anyone wants one of those just let me know! Hahah but anyway I got another massage on the beach so that was fabulous, and then we went to dinner at this cute italian place with delicious pasta! The beach here is beautiful, I can't wait to post pictures when I get back! It's super white sand and light water, and the island is really mountainous and dramatic with little bungalows all tucked away in the hillside. Today was great since Claire and Julia had their first open water dive of the course, so I went along on the same boat for a fun dive with another group... I got stuck with this little German brat who kept kicking me in the face underwater, but the dive site was beautiful with tons of coral that looked like cabbage, and lots of colorful fishies! I haven't taken many underwater pictures since the visibility would be even worse on the camera, so hopefully it will improve by tomorrow or the next day.

Tonight we went to dinner with like ten other people that we dove with today, who are all young and from England/South Africa/Holland and it was a lot of fun! Tomorrow is the last day of all their courses so we're going to go out for drinks and watch their dive video. This place is awesome and I'm having such a great time, but I'm also excited to be coming home soon and reuniting with everyone! And not being covered in mosquito bites will be nice too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment