Thursday, July 8, 2010

Leanne and Mitchy thanks for commenting! Haha it's nice to know that someone is reading this, and I miss you guys so much!! Keni I don't miss you at all since you haven't been commenting... how rude. Juuust kidding :) Anyway, everything here is still going great, and I can't believe how fast time has gone - I'm already halfway done with the volunteering part of my trip!

Since I posted last, we've been doing the same daily stuff with the elephants, but we have also gone on two harvests, which are possibly the most miserable inventions of mankind. Basically we all get in a truck and drive to a pineapple feild to pick more food for the elephants... this consists of getting totally sunburnt and dehydrated, not to mention the plants are super heavy and covered in thorns! So much fun... it's actually not that bad but I'm covered in scratches and mosquito bites so going to the beach after this will be hilarious! The people here are awesome, it's going to be weird going home and not hearing any accents... I'm one of only two Americans here! My roommate is this German girl named Julia who is gorgeous and totally hilarious. She speaks English really well, but still has to ask about some words, and whenever she get's frustrated she just says "fuck off" to no one in particular, just the situation... doesn't sound that funny but I always die laughing every time.

There are a bunch of French girls also working with the elephants who are totally incompetent, but a really cool British girl named Emma and I just laugh about it and end up doing twice the work. Tonight we're having a party since a bunch of people are leaving and new people are coming, and it's themed pirates and ninjas! I have no idea what to wear since I only brought three shirts and three shorts, but oh well, should be fun. Oh and last night we went to the night market in Cha-am and I got some sweet rainbow parachute pants before I had to leave because the smell of fried bugs was making me so nautious. Ha! Luckily the center is veggie friendly and the food is Thai and delicious! And free, yum! Miss you all so much, I'm having a great time but I'm also looking forward to getting home, where I won't be covered in elephant poo and I can meet my family's new dog!

3 comments:

  1. Ok - I'm going to try this again and see if blogspot has gotten over their tantrum about my URL name (argh) - I think I would probably love your roommate - I say that too - all the time - and I speak perfect English!!! So glad to hear you're sampling everything and really getting into this right up to your hip-waders - love you - lk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping you brought more than 3 pairs of undies and socks with you, otherwise I have no clue how you are surviving. Your roommate sounds awesome. Since swearing like a loon is a big part of speaking English, you should tell her she is doing better than she thinks. I am also looking forward to seeing you when you return! I am glad you are enjoying your time in the land of Thai.
    LOVE YOU ALWAYS

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn frenchies don't know how to pick up poop. can't wait to see the pictures from the disposable when we're finally together again!

    ReplyDelete