Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Conquered the poo canoe today! Other than that it was a pretty lazy day since other people were taking care of June, who is an elephant to clarify things and she is getting much better :) The ice cream lady came by the center after lunch which we were all pretty excited about... the ice cream here is yummy and only like ten cents each! Julia is making fun of me right now for writing about ice cream in my blog... but oh well, I'm sure it isn't a surprise to anyone reading this.

We played pictionary last night and I stayed up way later than I have been, and it was really fun! Most of the things we were drawing were related to wildlife stuff, and it's cool how much everyone knows about animals just from working here for a few weeks. I have a day off tomorrow, so I'll probably do some laundry and take a bunch of pictures with the animals... there is a tiger here named Meow that was on an Animal Planet feature so you guys might recognize him! He was chained to a cement floor at a gas station to attract tourists for most of his life, so now he has some central nervous system problems and walks like he is drunk... but now he has a beautiful and huge enclosure with a big pond to swim in and he seems really happy! Hopefully he'll come out so I can take a couple pictures of him. Looking up bungalows and other places to stay when we get to Koh Tao currently, so I might not write again until we're on our way, but miss you all and Lindsay post more pictures I miss you and want to hear about what you're doing!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beautiful,
    I love reading your cp (canoe poo) stories, they are so filled with suspense and intrigue! Seriously, the story of the tiger is very sad, but it is having a better ending. I am so glad you are there to contribute your energy, your smile and your gifts to these animals that need you! Hope you get some great places to stay in the south. Are you planning on just snorkeling or are you going to SCUBA? I miss you baby girl.
    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is a poo canoe!? lol

    ReplyDelete