Monday, August 11, 2014

Grow Dammit

This post is an homage to my aunt Lynette in more ways than one!  First of all, she's totally sick of seeing the fig bar post every time she comes to my blog :P  Also, I stole the title from a really awesome sign she has hanging over one of her gardens, AND I took her idea of using cinder blocks as planters (not that she invented the idea, but still, inspiration!).

It was a pretty wonderful weekend... last week we were in Alaska with the fam, which was super fun but going right back to a crazy week at work made me totally exhausted!  So the weekend was the first chance I had to relax and do some projects that I've been thinking about for a while :)  Check out the herb garden, featuring cilantro, oregano, sweet basil, thai basil, italian parsley, thyme, dill and rosemary!  Nom nom.  Now let's hope they all survive... will report back!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome --- and I still love my cinder block garden - can't wait to see yours in a few weeks!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete