Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Golden Birthday!

I went back and forth for the last few months over whether or not I wanted to have a birthday party this year...  I wasn't sure because I don't have the 1,000 person friend base that all of us had in college, so obviously I was worried that I would have a party and no one would show up!  In the end I decided to have the party, because 1. When would my birthday be on a Saturday again?  2. I was turning 23 on the 23rd,  3. I wanted to make my own piñata, so a party sounded somewhat essential, and 4. If no one except Bryan showed up, I would have fun anyway!!  So I made the piñata... and it was awesome :D

















We had a fiesta-style potluck, and my friends DID come!

















Even Lynette drove all the way from Atascadero just for the party, and it made me so happy :)

















The actual piñata destruction was a great success...

















After everyone left, the rest of us climbed up the mountain to watch the sun set :)  It was gorgeous!  But a little bit awkward because we were on someone's property.  And then right after we took this picture, the lady got home and told us to scram!  Oops... oh well, totally worth it.  Best birthday ever!


1 comment: