Saturday, November 16, 2013

Halloween and Four Pumpkin Pies

Okay, I'm back in the blogging world!!  For the last two months before Halloween I pestered everyone in my office about dressing up, and it actually worked for some people!




















We had a party at the office, and carved a bunch of pumpkins.











The next day, I baked the pumpkins and threw them in the Vitamix so that I could try to make pumpkin pie from scratch!  I'd only ever made it from the can, and I'm never too excited to pick up a rotten old Jack-O-Lantern that's been sitting outside for days, so this was the perfect solution :)


















Turns out I had a lot of pumpkin, so I made four pies!  I did still use the Libby's can recipe... but whatever, it's a classic!!




















And they turned out pretty darn good :)  But I think I'll stick with the can for Thanksgiving... no point adding extra work on an already hectic day.  I think I found a new post Halloween tradition!














No comments:

Post a Comment