Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 152

My project this weekend was my bed!  This started with lots of online browsing of different platform beds, all of which were at least $150 for the crappy ones, ranging all the way up to $400 for the nice ones.  Just for a freakin platform!  Plus, I was feeling bitter about this money even more than I normally would because my bed is a full and I will probably be wanting to purchase a queen in the somewhat near future, which makes buying an overpriced bed frame even worse.  SO I decided to take control of the situation, spend $200 at Home Depot on a drill and some wood, and build a bed myself!  I went the easy route by leaving it on the ground since I like that look, and pretty much just built a frame around my box spring.  But I still put some work into it by staining and I love how it turned out :)  It makes a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment